A long-lasting tradition
Cantine Lombardini was established in 1925, right in the middle of Lambrusco wine’s production zone par excellence and is still located in its original headquarters, in the historical centre of lovely Novellara, once feud of the Gonzaga family, land of art and traditions. Grandfather Angelo, a man of undoubted entrepreneurial acumen, first opened the hundred-year-old “Bar Roma” situated under the arcades of the square alongside the first cinema - “Cinema Elios” - which became the winery’s Tasting Room after restoration. He went on to install the first filling station in the entire area, facing the bar, and a store in Via Cavour that sold heavy industrial oils. His last venture was to found the wine-making business, an enterprise that testifies to a chapter in the history of the Lombardini family, from the beginning of the last century to the present time.
Wars, regimes, reconstructions… the wind of change altered the frontiers of Europe and the world, marking the end of an era. When he died, the much-loved Angelo left his offspring, Giuseppina, Corrado, Brenno, Elena and Eolo, at the helm of his businesses. As time went by, the wine-making enterprise passed on to his grandchildren, Marco, Angelo and Riccardo. This marked a new era for Lambrusco Lombardini, which soon became well known throughout Italy and quickly crossed the national borders to reach the world. Glancing back through the years, one can picture the scenes, sensations and fragrances of grape pressing time, the cheerful atmosphere as the must was transferred to the barrels and the long wait as the wine aged and fermented in its bottles.